How OWF Membership Works

Feb 26, 2024 | 0 comments

Whether you are becoming a member for the first time or renewing your membership, we are thrilled to have you join us! Our members are the lifeblood of the entire operation. As a member-driven organization, 95% of the grant pool comes from our membership. The other 5% is a result of gifts from nonmembers.

Membership is comprised of Giving Circle Groups and Individual Members. For as little as $100, we can join a Giving Circle Group; there are over 40 groups to choose from. If a member wishes to join OWF and has yet to select a group, OWF will assist in finding a group.

In addition, to become an Individual Member, you can contribute $1,000 or more. Individual Members may also choose to join a group with an additional $100 contribution to their group. The threshold for a group to vote for our annual grantees is $1,000. Each Giving Circle Group needs to contribute $1,000 or more. Women in the same group can give different amounts if each member gives $100. The group then has one joint vote towards the selection of grantees. Individual Members have one vote for the annual grant pool.
.
Becoming a member is easy — make your annual membership contribution. Then, in September, vote on how the funds will be granted. You can make a difference in the Ojai Valley by supporting the nonprofits that receive our grants.

Please join us now. Membership Drive is February 1 – May 31.