The Women Behind Four of OWF’s 2022 Grantees – the New, Young Leaders in Our Valley
By Jennifer Jones
One of the primary reasons members join the Ojai Women’s Fund is to award grants to nonprofit organizations serving the needs of the Ojai Valley. What better way to motivate you than reporting on some of our 2022 grant awardees? The other grantees will be covered in future newsletters.
That’s where our story starts, but it’s not the whole story. There is another reason why our members can feel good about the grants we award. The women who lead these programs are creating a better future for all of us. They are leaders in their own right. These women have passion, and dedication, and are building their careers, not just working a job.
www.ptgo.org In this ongoing series, we bring you news about how our grant funds are being put to work in our community. As we continue interviewing our grantee leaders, we're reminded how much talent, passion, and cooperation exists among our grantee organizations –...
In this ongoing series, we bring you news about how our grant funds are being put to work in our community. As we continue interviewing our grantee leaders, we're reminded how much talent, passion, and cooperation exists among our grantee organizations – past and...
Whether you are becoming a member for the first time or renewing your membership, we are thrilled to have you join us! Our members are the lifeblood of the entire operation. As a member-driven organization, 95% of the grant pool comes from our membership. The other 5%...
Beginning in 2024, the Ojai Women's Fund (OWF) will modify how it awards grants. This year, the top-scoring grant applications, regardless of focus area, will be on the ballot for all members to vote on. Members will vote for five out of the top ten, and the five...
Ojai Women’s Fund welcomes all Ojai Valley residents to meet and converse with Co-Executive Directors of Help of Ojai, Megan Telfer and Jayn Walter, at the Sane Living Center on April 1, 5:30 to 7 PM. They will discuss the various needs in our valley, what is being...
Do you have a little time and a skill you’d like to share or learn? OWF has five active committees that keep our growing, thriving organization humming. Please consider joining one of these committees: Communications & Marketing, Education & Events, Grants...
February 15—Giving Circle Group Leaders Meeting
April 11—Education Event with Speaker
April 18—Non-profit grant training workshop
May 1—Grant applications go live
May 31—Deadline for 2024 Membership
June 1—2025 memberships begin
June 14—Deadline for Grant Applications
September 4—Presentation of Grant Nominees
September 5-25—Voting for Grants
November 7—Grant Celebration